Sunday 16 May 2010

Ozzy passes driving test at 19th attempt

Road users may have to check their mirrors a little more carefully from now on - legendary hellraiser Ozzy Osbourne has finally passed his test.

The former Black Sabbath singer didn't find it easy though. While some people admit to having a few false starts before earning their licence, Ozzy only managed the trick at his 19th attempt.

And he was soon sounding the alarm to other drivers.

Ozzy tweeted: "I just passed my driving test. Took me 60yrs but I did it! For the 1st time in my life I'm legal to drive, so watch out!"

Appearing on Graham Norton's BBC chat show, the 60-year-old singer said that in the past his battle with the bottle had put paid to his driving ambitions.

He admitted that he had turned up at a test centre with a bottle of vodka in his pocket.

And the Prince of Darkness, reborn in recent years as the star of a reality TV series that laid bare the workings of his dysfunctional family, has had a pretty spicy history with four-wheeled vehicles.

In 2003 it was revealed that Ozzy had almost died after a quad bike accident, which stopped his heart for two minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment